Self Matching is a type of matching program that is driven by the mentee. Here is an overview of how this matching program works.
- Mentor is invited to the program
- Mentor completes the matching survey
- Mentor is added to the pool of available mentors*
*The program is paused until 75% of invited mentors have been added to the pool of available mentors.
- Mentee is invited to the program
- Mentee completes the matching survey
- Mentee is ready to be matched
- Mentee is presented a curated list of possible mentors and the mentee can select up to three potential mentors from the list
- Match emails are sent to the selected mentors
- The first mentor to accept the match will enter into a mentoring partnership with the mentee
- The other potential mentors are notified that the match is no longer available
- If no mentors accept within 7 days, those matches are canceled and a new curated list is sent to the mentee.
More details on how Self Matching works here.